I am still trying to figure out the direction for this blog. I am a web designer and I am not even commiting to a design yet. Yes I am using a template, although nice it is a bit of a cop out for me to use a template. I will update this description when I come up with a direction for this blog.

Friday, April 15, 2005

Getting Stuff Done, well sort of



I love cooking with fresh herbs, Right now the herbs I use to cook with are sitting in these paper planting pots frome home depot. Although they are a pretty good size they will never last on the front porch, the dogs will destroy them. There is another problem, it is a hassle to water these plants because of their location, and they lose sunlight in the late afternoon. And lastly I want to be able to easily bring the whole thing inside in the cold months so I have fresh herbs year round. To solve these problems I am making a stand for my herbs . The project will include a pvc system for watering so that I can connect a hose to the stand and have the hose on a timer so that the plants are watered every day even if we are gone. The water will come out in a fine mist every few hours, just like in the grocery store. I am going to put the whole thing on wheels so that I can move the stand inside or just put it in a better spot for sun light. I will post the progress tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com